About Us

The best organization in Bankura district for the people of Bankura was BSMC & H. The root for the establishment of this organization was the establishment of the underlying Bankura Sammilani Medical School & Hospital in the year 1922. Bankura Sammilani was established in the year 1911(1318 in the Bengali calendar.) The first secretary of this organization was justice Digambar chattopadhyay. Medical school & Hostel was started after hiring a house. In the first phase Physics and chemistry classes were organized in Bankura Christian College. In the meantime the organization received the farm house named ‘Nilambar Manjil’ and associated waste land as donation from Rai Bahadur Rishibar Mukhopadhyay. In the year 1924, when the age of the school was 3 years, the necessity of hospital & clinics aroused. This problem was solved by the financial support of a businessman of Kolkata named Trikarma Das Kuber, with his support a 14 bedded hospital with 4 doctors was established. After few days with the help of Mangala Dasi & her women’s organization, Gynecology ward was built up, later on with the help of Rai Bahadur Hari Prasad Bandopadhyay Surgery Operation theater was built & extended. Afterwards temporary recognition was obtained from Medical Registration in the year 1927, so that the students can pass the L.M.F. Exam. Later on in 1930, the Govt. gave this school permanent recognition after fulfilling certain bonds but in the meanwhile the Bengal Govt. snatched all the land in Kenduadihi by giving lease @ 1Re/year for Cathedral Settlement and so the hostel was moved to Haritaki Bagan. The renowned ‘Kole’ family of Kotulpur was one of the well to do business family of Kolkata. The 40 beded Kole Building, formed by the financial support of Bhola Nath Kole & Surendra Nath Kole was inaugurated by the reigning Governor of Bengal, John Anderson. After this the ISOLATION BLOCK & waiting room for the patient party was formed. The Anatomy dissection Room was then built up with the recommendation of Bengal Council of Medical Registration. In this way, by following the ideology of self-dependence, approx. 150 bedded Bankura Sammilani Medical School & Hospital was established. Full credit should also be given to the Principal of Bankura Christian College, Prof. Rev. A.E. Brown, behind the development of Bankura Sammilani Medical School. During the age of Bankura School, Some renowned doctors like Dr.AnathBandhu Roy, Dr. Durga Das Gupta, Dr. Narayan Chandra Roy, Dr. Ramgati Bandopadhyay, Dr. Lakshmi Narayan Das, Dr. Khudiram De, etc. left some unforgettable memories. In the pre-independence era, Bankura Sammilani Medical School was established as a successful organization.

Services or offerings

COURSES OFFERED

MD

MS


Helping You Connect

  • PO - Kenduadihi, Dist - Bankura West Bengal Pincode - 722102
  • None
  • 919434231480
  • bsmc_xsa@yahoo.com

Gallery

Images :
gallery-image
gallery-image
gallery-image

Events not found

News not found

Announcements not found